The Area Health Education Center has been educating students and the community on life saving techniques for over 10 years. We offer several course options to meet the training needs of our community. Please feel free to contact our instructors with any questions you may have.
CPR and First Aid Certification
Training courses and skills testing will be offered onsite at the Area Health Education Center. Blended classes will also be offered for those who would prefer to learn the material online and do a skills test in-person.
Blended learning is a combination of eLearning (online portion), in which a student completes part of the course in a self-directed manner, followed by a hands-on, skills testing session. This type of course provides students with the convenience of completing the course at their own pace wherever they have access to the Internet.
All payments at this time must be in the form of cash or check. Checks should be made out to MSU/AHEC.
The Area Health Education Center has implemented the following interventions in order to prevent infection transmission during all life support training courses:
- All students are masked before, during, and after the course. Masks are only removed when providing ventilations by mouth.
- All students are screened for symptoms, recent COVID-19 testing, and for fever.
- All students are required to perform 20-second hand sanitation entering the training room and are encouraged to sanitize following the course
- Eating will be prohibited, however water is allowed in the training room.
- All students will maintain a distance of at least six feet from other students or instructors.
- No two-person rescuer CPR is practiced or demonstrated; all two-person activities are simulated.
- Each student has their own equipment so no equipment is shared.
- All equipment is de-contaminated per AHA guidelines (2012) using a bleach solution and allowed to air dry before additional use.
* Please register for your course before making a payment. A payment should be made at least 1 business day before your scheduled course date. If an emergency or another special circumstance arises and you are not able to attend your course please contact one of the coordinators to reschedule at least 24 hours prior to your course date.